Saturday, January 28, 2012

Christmas Memories

 I just finished a Christmas painting this week.  I was so inspired by the photo of my best friend's granddaughter that I couldn't help but loading up my brushes with bright red and green.  Christmas is past but I just couldn't wait when I first saw the photo of 3 year old Aubrey, I knew that I had to try and capture that image.  It was like something straight out of the Hallmark Store or a Norman Rockwell Saturday Evening Post.  I've tried to capture that Christmas memory on canvas.  The smell of the pine, crack of the fire and the sweetness of childhood are hopefully all present in my rendition. I made my little girl a bit older and I had to add the old brick fireplace, complete with hung stockings on the mantle and a stuffed bunny to finish off that memory of Christmas past.

"Christmas Memory" is an original work created in my studio in Las Vegas.  It is painted with Acrylics on a 16 x 20 canvas and is framed in an antique wooden frame that just goes with it perfectly.  I sure hope you enjoyed your visit and please come in and check out what is going on in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment