Saturday, June 23, 2012

Protective Love

Twice on my road trip across Kansas and Nebraska, I have come upon a sight that will undoubtedly become a painting in the near future. Beautiful brick silos that have outlived their original purpose of grain storage for some hardworking farming family and who now is a protective shelter to what started out as a small sapling. Years of being protected from the harsh elements has resulted in the growth of a full grown tree. At some point the height of the tree exceeds the tallest point and has now broken through the ruins of what once was the roof and now the height of its branches are far protruding and cascading over the shelter that once completely surrounded it. This picture makes me mindful of the protection available to all of us who are called sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father whose greatest joy is to surround his children in his protective love.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalms 91:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment