Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Flurry of Fur and Feathers



I have been having a blast the last few days sketching little creatures and so I just had to share.  I'm working on a new painting that has a rooster and a few chickens as the focal point and so it never hurts to pull out the the paper and and pens to get a little practice in.  This is my 4th painting in a series that I started working on at the end of last year.  I'm pulling out lots of memories of my Missouri childhood as I paint my version of rural country life.

I'm pretty excited because just today I ordered a Canon Pixma Pro-100 wireless color professional inkjet printer and boy I can't wait to start designing my own line of greeting cards and matted prints. With my solo show coming up in April at the Boulder City Art Gallery, I can't waste a minute of time getting enough inventory lined up.  The title of my show is "Down Country Roads" so you can expect to see many more furry and feathered friends as I burn the midnight oil to get prepared.



You're my Little Chickadee 

You make me want to shout!


Hang in there...the weekend is coming

No comments:

Post a Comment