Thursday, July 13, 2017

This Week is all About Vegetables and Feathers


Just a typical week in the studio drawing all sorts of vegetables and then entertaining myself coming up with cleaver sayings and puns to go with them. These fine specimens are certified organic and GMO free and perfectly suitable for every member of your household. They are also guaranteed to make you laugh, which in this day and time is a really good thing.


The week prior to this, I had designed a set of stickers that I called "Life Began in a Garden" and these larger beet and turnips stickers evolved from that theme.  I'm no expert on the field of stickers or the organizing planner market, but I feel that if I just keep designing art that I find appealing that that I must be headed in the right direction.  Of course, I am still here waiting for those Etsy Shop sales.

I love the complimentary colors of green and shades of red.  I couldn't be more pleased in how they turned out and have already made them available for download on my Etsy Shop. I invite you to click the link below and check out all the items that I have available in my shop.
Julie Townsend Studio Etsy Shop-Crazy About Vegetables









At this point,  I do have turn my attentions elsewhere and get focused  on creating some new art for a really fun show that I am blessed to be part of.  Recently rebranded, th ART HOUSE LV, operating as a department of City of the World, Inc that has been operating in some capacity in Las Vegas for over 20 years.  The gallery is housed in an old 1940's railroad house, which really adds to it's charm and is located in the heart of the 18b Arts District in historic Downtown Las Vegas.  



 The gallery is also non-profit cooperative gallery and is a perfect place for emerging artists to come and grow and learn about the art business.  It is the first gallery I was involved in when I started painting and I have been actively involved there or going on  5 years.  Besides being the Treasurer and having my artwork on display,  I have also recently been promoted to the volunteer position of gallery director.  Well, there are actually 3 of us that share the work load and there is quite a work load to be had.

For August, it was decided that the 3 of us would put on a joint show and take the main gallery room as the featured artists.  We all have diverse styles and mediums that we use but we did decided that a constant theme in all our work is often that of animals, birds and fish.  So with that we decided to call our show "Fur, Feathers and Fins".  I put my newly acquired Photoshop knowledge to work and created this marketing postcard to advertise the show and the gallery.

If you are in the area in August, you would make plans to stop in and check out the show and all the fantastic art that hangs from the walls.











No comments:

Post a Comment