Thursday, May 9, 2019

Baby Goats on Cuteness Overload

So I've been seeing this meme floating around Facebook lately and I couldn't help but notice that the timing couldn't be more perfect.  I have just painted two darling baby goat paintings just last week.  Honestly, the paint wasn't even dry when the original paintings were snatched up by collectors.  I did manage to get a nice photo of each and the prints turned out GREAT!

This past year I have made it a tradition to actually take the time to arrange a photo shoot of sorts that includes not only the new artwork but me actually holding the finished painting.  I do this for several reasons.
1. It is a great marketing tool because it adds to the story of the painting.  Collectors what to know you and often purchase the art based on knowing your story.
2. It actually helps the online buyer get a sense of size of the piece.  I think this is especially true when you're talking larger paintings.
3.  It helps me personally with the emotions I go through when letting go of a piece of art.  I think of this as a family photo of sorts and it helps me remember.

Here is a collage of photos taken just last week with my two newest paintings, "The Face of Mace" and "Cute as a Bug".  Sometimes I just take the photo standing in my front yard but here we drove out into the desert near Lake Mead.

These adorable baby goats are actual babies born just last month at the Galloping Gertie of Glenns Ferry, Idaho.  Katie Lanni, the owner of this amazing little farm gave me permission to use the photos she had posted on her Instagram account @Galloping_Gertie.  I was so thrilled because her baby goats were just the sweetest things ever.

The Face of Mace







The first one is of a little goat named Mace and so that is why I titled the piece, "The Face of Mace".  I loved the contrast of lights and shadows on this one.

Cute as a Bug










The second painting was of darling twin goats, Perry and Berry standing in the straw filled barn.  I loved their cute smiles and you can tell they are real buddies.

Both of these pieces are available now on my Etsy shop in a variety of matted prints along with 4 x 6 inch laminated magnets or blank greeting cards.

Let me give you the link to both my Julie Townsend Studio Etsy Shop and that of Galloping Gertie Shop.

I thought I would end this blog post highlighting some of the images that I put together to demonstrate how these images would look framed or matted.

I probably should also mention that I have a goat painting titled "The Nanny Squad" that I painted last year and is also available on my Etsy shop.

Feel free to comment if either of these pieces of art, when viewed made you smile.  I LOVE to hear about the smiles!

Have a blessed Day


The Nanny Squad





 









No comments:

Post a Comment