Monday, January 6, 2020

It's 2020 and I'm Still Trying to Wrap My Head Around That


I'm sitting here with my new 2020 calendar and my weekly organizer and it has really just sinking in that we have made it to a new decade. I understand that some would correct me and say that this is actually the last year of the decade and that 2021 is actually the start of the next decade.  Either way, I'm excited for this year and what God has in store for this year for me personally as an artist.   

Some things that jump to mind immediately is that this is a leap year.  It is also here in the United States both a census year and a presidential election year.  Some exciting things as a nation to look forward to.  My second hobby/passion is genealogy and so I'm always happy to include myself and my family in the census data.  Maybe 100 years from now there will be someone excited to find me.

A new year is always so full of promise and new beginnings.  I had knee surgery on Jan 2nd and so I'm looking forward to becoming a bit more active this year.  I'm still in recovery right now so it's hard to tell if my steps will be pain free.  I sure hope so as I want this to be a year that I try get stronger. 

This year I want to be more organized in my studio and use my time to be more focused and productive.  I think many artists struggle with staying focused and I find myself wasting too much of the time that I could be creating or promoting my art. 

"Life on the Funny Farm"- 36 x 36 Acrylic
Let me end this blog with showing you the last two paintings of 2019.  I started the "Life on the Funny Farm" piece around Thanksgiving and worked on it for several weeks.  As you can see it is painted on a large 36" x 36" canvas and those take a while to do.  Also having 3 animals included in the piece adds to the complexity of the composition.  This piece is intended to be the focal piece for a solo show I'm going to be doing in March at the Boulder City Art Gallery.  I am their scheduled featured artist for that month.  I'm calling the show by the same title and will be painting a number of  smaller farmhouse style pieces to go along with that theme.

"Hogs and Kisses"- 11" x 14" Acrylic







The final painting for 2019 was this adorable pair of piglets that I'm calling "Hogs and Kisses".  The canvas measures 11" x 14" so it is just a sweet little piece that makes me smile every time I walk into my studio and see it. 









 Don't forget that I still have a few 2020 wall calendars available for purchase on my Etsy Shop.  These calendars feature my original artwork on each page and are sure to make you smile throughout the whole year.  Smiling is important to your health and I'm just trying to do my part to make 2020 the best year ever!

Here is the LINK:  https://www.etsy.com/JulieTownsendStudio/listing/759269551/2020-calendar-funny-art-calendar-planner?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1578329349462





No comments:

Post a Comment