Wednesday, August 19, 2020

I've Got a GREEN Thumb for sure

 
It has been one of my regular spring rituals to make my annual pilgrimage to purchase little pots of color at my local home improvement store to bring home and brighten my front yard.  I'm love the feel of the black dirt on my hands and the moist smell of the wet earth as I carefully arrange and plant each little flower.  There is real excitement and anticipation as I imagine just how pretty and inviting they will make the entrance to my home.  

I adore flowers and  LOVE to walk up and down the isles, admiring the vivid blooms, the fragrance scents that fill the space they call the garden section.    
All that comes to an abrupt end when the first day that the temperature hits 100.  The reality of the Las Vegas summers is once again painfully obvious as I try to ignore yellowing and wilting of what was once so vibrant and colorful.  You would think I would just give up but here I am again with a scrawny morning glory vine and wilted herbs lining the entrance to my home.  

Well one thing is for certain...the flowers grow great in my studio as you can well see. I have true GREEN thumb when it comes to my studio flowers.  Of course that is directly correlated with the amount of green paint I am using. It seems that I've been on a flower craze for a good portion of the summer and as the temperatures rise to record levels here in the southwest my studio stays a ablaze in the cool colors of spring. 
 
It really all started with this old red flyer wagon that belongs to my neighbor. He asked if I would paint one of my little mice with some flower pots in it for his wife.  They are such excellent neighbors I had to say yes.  Little did I know this was going to turn into such a thing.  It seems now my summer focus has been that of purple hydrangeas and lavender.  

I've painted several pieces and now I'm doing commission work based on this design.  The old reclaimed pallet wood panel has become a requested  favorite and has my husband out scouring the desert for more weathered wood.  It keeps him out of trouble so this is a good thing.

SOLD

Here are the last 4 pieces I have managed to finish as of late.  I hope you enjoy and they all bring a smile to your face.  Check out more of my work to purchase on my ETSY SHOP.  

SOLD- 10 x 20 inch on canvas
SOLD 
AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON ETSY

2 panel commission- SOLD







No comments:

Post a Comment