Friday, June 27, 2014

Celebrating 150 Years

Last year I had the pleasure of having my art work featured in an article in Prospectors Magazine.  It was a definately a high point for my art efforts in 2013.  



Since that article was published I have added to my collection of prospector pieces and wanted to share a few of them today in this post.   Mining is such an important part of the history of Nevada.  Its appropriate to take a moment to think about this part of our history as this fall Nevada will be celebrating it's 150th birthday. (October 31, 1864)  You will find that there are many examples of both Cowboys, Ranchers and the Native Americans used in western art, but there are really very few pieces that focus on the rugid prospector.  I love giving a little tribute to the prospector/miner who scoured this state leaving their artifacts scattered all over the desert floor.  

More information on all of these pieces and many more are available on my Website at JulieTownsendStudio.com.   Come check them out and I would love it if you would leave me a comment.
















No comments:

Post a Comment