Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I Completely Agree with Vincent....Vincent van Gogh that is!


"I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing."
Vincent van Gogh (1853 - 1890) Post Impressionist painter
I couldn't have said it any better myself!  What a wonderful and simplistic way to express my own feelings about drawing.  I recently started an "Artist Journal" so that I could record an event or a thought artistically and without the pressure of trying to create something for public display.  I find there is something freeing about just sketching for fun and yet I am hoping that as I fill up my sketchbook with little humorous and even cartoonish entries that this book will be a treasure for my family to cherish long after I am gone.  I'm really thinking of starting a personal sketchbook for each grandchild.  Wouldn't that be a great thing to pass down?  

I have included a number of my sketches that span our recent 5 week camping, roadtrip adventure that tooks us through Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah and a day trip into British Columbia and Alberta Canada.  What an amazing time we had and I thought it would be fun to share with you.

















No comments:

Post a Comment