Tuesday, April 3, 2018

More Than Just a Little Bird

Composition with a digital background
It has been a very hectic week.  A week full of emotional ups and downs and not much time allowed for creating in my studio.  There are seasons in life it seems that you just have to fight through to keep that creative juice flowing, even if it is only a tiny ebb.  I feel that is where I am today.

I have neglected this blog for many hours working on financials, filing papers, tax returns and my mother's health.  Oh, how I have missed you.  Chatting with you over my morning coffee.  There is no profound wisdom or the secrets to art marketing success in this blog that I have to share with you today.  I come only bearing this simple bluebird sketch.  All 5 x 7 inches of him.  Small but as I enter my studio right now he sits their on my drawing table in his new white matte and I smile because he is more than just a little bird.  He represents creativity birthed in chaos and stress.

I used my Prismacolor Pencils and my favorite Marvy Le Pen with a micro fine point.  I created two versions of this drawing to share (1) has a digital background added after I finished coloring in the bird.  I also did some adjusting and adding to the branches.  After I decided that I liked the color scheme of digital version, I went back tot he original drawing and created a variation of the background using only my pencils and orderless turpenoid for blending.  I love Photoshop and the freedom it gives me in not only the finished results but in the planning of a piece.

Original Composition finished off with a color pencil background
So this colorful guy can be yours, printed on fine art paper or glossy finish.  Maybe you would like to have a greeting card or magnet to enjoy.  I've got a number of options to choose from on my Etsy Shop.  Let me make it easy to check it out and I'll give you the link:  JULIE TOWNSEND STUDIO on ETSY


No comments:

Post a Comment