Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How Many Artists Does it Take to Paint a Chicken?

At some point in my journey to becoming an artist, I have gained enough confidence that I am finding that I am becoming more comfortable with the idea of painting in front of others and actually enjoy the challenge. The gallery that I belong to is an excellent place for a group of us to get together and let the creative juices flow.  This week CHICKENS were the main object of my friend Anna Norris and I's attention.  

Anna paints in a style that is so bold and thick and I am always amazed at her work.  She has been painting for years and has a colorful impressionistic style that I just love.  I thought she had actually finished her chicken that day but she completely transformed it when she got home later and I think she nailed it with this one.  I have attached her feathered creation below for your viewing pleasure.  To see more of Anna's work you can check out her website at http://www.annanorrisfineart.com 

Now at this stage my piece is only about half way finished I would say.  I paint with attention to more detail and have decided to include the background fence and foliage to the composition.  

I believe if you are interested in taking your painting to the next level it is very beneficial to find a group of fellow artists to paint with, spend time with and just enjoy the creative synergy that will undoubtedly follow.   

Enjoying an afternoon of painting chickens with friends at the Gallery



My painting after a couple of hours-all blocked in and waiting for it to dry so that I can start with the details


My inspiration photo- Now that is one fine looking rooster

The Feathered Creation of Anna Norris


Anna's inspiration.  Look at those amazing tail feathers!





No comments:

Post a Comment