Saturday, October 29, 2011

A Road Going Somewhere

12 x 36  Acrylic- Pioneer Dreams

I have always been intrigued when I see a rocky path or road heading off into the distance.  Where does this go and who has traveled this way before me are just a few the questions that race to my mind.  The explorer in me wants to head up into those mountains in search of beautiful scenery or some old mining ruins.  Nevada is full of just such adventures.  I think that is why I love this state so much.

This painting reminds me of just such a road heading off into the distance.  We actually found this stone structure as we were exploring Central Nevada.  Check out this link if you want to see the actual location: http://www.robertwynn.com/Peavine.htm

I'm certain that as long as I have the energy to climb into our truck that I will feel that impulse to follow that unknown distant trail leading off into the horizon.  This makes me mindful of my life and the choices I have made.  We are all on a path of some kind and we need to always remember the one who directs our path.  "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Psalms 16:10

No comments:

Post a Comment