Wednesday, May 9, 2018

So Many Choices but FAILURE'S NOT an Option

  


FAT, CHUNKY, SCRIPT, HANDWRITTEN, SKINNY, TALL, CHALKBOARD, BLOCK, BUBBLE, OUTLINE, FORMAL, CHILDLIKE, WHIMSY....?????

Following the humiliation of my recent font failure, (You can read all about it on my previous blog post from this week) I’ve decided to step up my font game. As a former COMIC SANS user (Sounds like I’m part of some 12-step program) I’m determined to step out of the 80’s and join 2018.

While researching fonts today I realized that I really like font artist Kimberly Geswein. I have about 4 or 5 of her font creations on my favorite list. That is when I discovered her very awesome website. Check out her “Font Finder” tool.



In my creative journal, in my font section, I already had KGSUMMERSUNSHINE font downloaded to my computer but now I find that I’ve added KG CALL ME MAYBE, KG SKINNY LOVE and KG SKINNY LATTE to my list of potential favorite fonts.  I love the tall, skinny all cap fonts and my plan is to make a short list of my go to fonts.

I’m ready to retire COMIC SANS and step into the light!

I would love to hear what your favorite fonts are to use and the projects you use them for.  What is a good font to use for designing printed banners for readability and appeal?  What about website banners and even greeting cards?  I'm sure it is all personal taste but do you have a few favorites that you always gravitate to?  I would love to hear from you.  In the meantime, I will keep painting, designing marketing materials and LEARNING a lot more about about fonts.

Check out my website....  where COMIC SANS is allowed until I can find the perfect font.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment