Wednesday, January 16, 2019

The Bluebird of Happiness


A happy little bluebird graphic I found
I drew this little bluebird below using my colored pencils just a few days ago and I couldn't help but think about how amazing all of God's creation is.  From the sunrise in the east to the sunset in the west and everything in between, this world shouts of His amazing gifts to us. 

It doesn't take an artist eye to see and appreciate the creation but I do think that the fact that I am an artist adds a unique perspective to my vision.  I find that I view things in more detail now that I paint.  I'm always thinking about what colors I would mix, how to paint the areas of darkness and light or what makes the perfect composition.  I find myself mapping out the process I would take to paint it as if it was the subject of my greatest masterpiece. 

The colors of blue and orange are so striking and beautiful on these little birds that I'm reminded in James 1:17 "Every GOOD and PERFECT gift is from above".  God has given us such beautiful things that surround us, make us happy and brighten our lives.  I am blessed just sitting here thinking on these things. 

I thought it was a prefect verse to use today and pair it with this little guy.  I pray today will be a Happy Day for you.  Find something to be grateful for and let your Father of heavenly lights just how much you love all your "Good and Perfect Gifts". 




No comments:

Post a Comment