Thursday, May 2, 2019

Up to my Eyeballs in Ribbons and Rosettes


Art Show Ribbons
It doesn't take long on this artist journey to begin to amass quite a collection of ribbons.  This last art show alone I think I received 5 ribbons for different levels of awards.  Here you see my painting the "Nanny Squad" has won 2nd best of class and a champion ribbon.

My ribbons have been stuffed in a drawer in my studio for quite some time.  I wanted to display them but just didn't have a clue what the best way to do that would be.  As you can tell these ribbons are at least 12 to 15 inches long.  Some of them have the information on them but as I went through this pile I realized that I had not done a very good job of recording them on my website resume or even making notes as to which piece won what.

Pile of Disorganized Ribbons
It took about 3 hours of pouring over old photos to figure it out and still wound up with 1 extra judges preference ribbon that I couldn't identify.  NEVER AGAIN!

My intention from this point forward is to stay on top of this and I knew I had to come up with some sort of display option that took less space than hanging each ribbon up individually.

1st Shadow Box with Ribbons on Display Completed
It was Pinterest to the rescue.  I found the prefect solution and that was to display them all in a shadow box.

I found the perfect shadow box (16 x 20) at Hobby Lobby and purchased 2 of them at 50% off.  The total I spent to purchase both of these beautiful shadow boxes was around $25.  That was far less than I had initially figured.

I just randomly placed each ribbon rosette face down on the glass of the open shadow box and tried to pull the long ribbons in behind so they didn't show.  I can see that right in the middle I failed because there is a green ribbon showing.  I will probably fix this even though it was a bit difficult to get the shadow box back securely fastened down.  As you can see by this photo, I already have some ribbons to add to the 2nd shadow box but I will plenty of room to accommodate future ribbons.




Since it has been a while since I last posted here on this blog, I decided to end this post with showing off a few of my latest pieces.  The large goat piece was painted last year but I felt I should give you a better look at it up close since my photo of it on display at the Clark County Art Show just didn't do it justice.  The little baby goat piece that I'm titling "The Face of Mace" was painted just this week.  While I painted Herman in March and the Meeting in April.

If you like my work, I would suggest that you follow me at my Facebook Studio Page  or join my VIP Studio Email List.  I often have art giveaways on both venues and you can also keep up with my newest artwork.  That is a WIN WIN in my books.
The Face of Mace- 11 x 14"


A Sweet Spot for Herman- 24 x 36"

The Meeting at the Morning Glories- 24 x 36"

The Nanny Squad- 24 x 36"




No comments:

Post a Comment