Saturday, May 8, 2021

First Painting of 2021

"Bitsy"- 11 x 14 x 1.5 acrylic on canvas

 It's hard to believe that we are already into May of 2021 and I'm just now talking about my first painting of the year.  Now don't you think that I've been sitting on my artist laurels, because that is far from the truth.  You see, I invested in a new iPad Pro tablet and my very first Apple Pencil at the end of 2020 and I've just been having a blast learning how to use these new tools.  I've added a ton of new drawings to my inventory along with 2 more coloring books.  All thanks to my iPad and the amazing app Procreate.  

As much as I enjoy this new medium, there is something about picking up a painting brush or pencil and covering the white of a canvas or paper.  No, I'm not going to abandon my first loves.  So that is why we are almost half way through the year and I'm just now talking about my first painting.  

This cute little goat is one of the new spring goats birthed at Galloping Gerties in Glenns Ferry, Idaho.  I think her name is Gumbo Lil but for my painting I decided to title it "Bitsy".  Katie Lenni takes the best goat pictures ever and I'm blessed that she lets me use them as a reference for my artwork.  You are AWESOME Katie!  Give her Etsy Shop some love and check out all her great goat soap- Galloping Gerties- Etsy

I do have this original painting available at the moment as well as prints, cards and magnets of this little sweetie.  Here is a picture of me holding the original painting for a little family photoshoot taken out towards Lake Mead.   If you would like to give "Bitsy" a new home or want to get cards or prints of her then just hop over to my Etsy Shop- Bitsy -Julie Townsend Studio Etsy Shop

Let me end today's blog with a picture of the cutest art model ever.  







No comments:

Post a Comment