Monday, June 24, 2024

What is it about Crows these days?

 


Did you know that a group of crows is called a murder? Well, that is only if there is probable caws.  (Joke)

Actually, that is more of a poetic reference to a group of crows while a scientist will refer to them as a flock.  Somehow I think that the "murder" is a more fitting term for these black winged creatures.  They always appear to me that they are watching, waiting and planning their next attack.

What is it about these noisy birds?  I'm told they are one of the most intelligent animals on the planet and as I did just a little fun reading about them, I wholeheartedly agree.  They can solve puzzles, make tools, remember face, hold grudges and even have regional dialects.  Isn't that fascinating?

Last fall, I had the pleasure of drawing several birds that are members of the corvid family.  Ravens, crows and magpies are all part of this species of birds.  Magpies are probably my personal favorite because my husband had a pet magpie named Rascal when he was a boy.  He has lots of funny stories about that bird.

I designed this particular crow thank you card towards the end of last year and it has become one of my top selling items this year.  The crazy thing is that I'm not really 100% sure why.  I drew a fine looking crow and all and he is so sweet with that single daisy.  I just wish I knew for sure what makes this design outsell my cows and goats.  If you know why crow stationery is so popular right now, please comment below.  I would love to know.

If you are interested in grabbing a pack of of these cute thank you cards then click the link below and you will find yourself in my website shop.  Look around and enjoy!

CROW THANK YOU CARD SET OF 10 - JULIE TOWNSEND STUDIO 


 

 

 

 
 
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment