Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Think Big- Poem and the Illustration


Think Big
This is probably the first real example of a colored pencil sketch I did in the early part of this year.  The original drawing is 8 x 10 and is drawn on 300 series Strathmore Bristol Art Paper.  I used my Prismacolor colored pencils along with their pens for the details.  

This morning I decided to write a little poem for the piece that I call "Think Big".  It's still a bit rough but I was able to jot down the majority of my thoughts while enjoying my morning coffee.  Let me know what you think.  I would love to hear from you.

If you are interested in this original image, prints, cards or art magnets you will find more information on my website at Julie Townsend Studio along with all my other works.  


THINK BIG

What a cute little chap
Short, stubby and with your fine black cap
“What is it you have there?” 
It is quite big and you are so small in compare
I must ask again “What treasure have you found?”
It looks like a ball of string in red just lying on the ground
Forget the stick, twigs and grass
With that yarn your nest will be first class
Beaks will flap and feathers will ruffle
With this you’re sure to cause quite a scuffle
This will make you the talk of the flock
And your little Chickadee girl bird will be in shock
Sometimes in life you just have to forget the mundane
Go for the gusto even at the risk of being thought insane
It’s worth the effort to derive a plan
From the ground to your branch is quite a span
It will take some hard work and a great deal of thought
But the rewards in the long run will be worth the plot
My advice to you is to drop the twig
Go for the creative and just THINK BIG!

No comments:

Post a Comment