Monday, March 4, 2013

Can I Have Your Autograph?

WHY YES, I AM THE ARTIST FEATURED IN "GOLD PROSPECTOR MAGAZINE!"

Finally the magazine article has been published.  It was almost a year from the first contact, interview, second interview, photos sent to the final results and I can't wait to receive my complimentary copies of the magazine.

I knew the story was going to be in the March/April 2013 edition, and I have made a mental note that I needed to contact the writer to find out the details, but on Saturday I was out displaying my paintings in front of Wholefoods and I had a man come up and ask if I was the artist in the magazine article.  Now that was jaw dropping to me.  He even said he wished he had brought his copy with him so that I could autograph it for him.  Now I know this is a magazine that has a specific niche audience but I fit in that niche and while it isn't an art magazine who's to say that dusty old gold prospectors don't appreciate art.  I mean my husband is getting older, loves digging in the dirt for gold, he is often dusty and he at least acts as if he likes my paintings. 

It was an unlikely marketing avenue, but I decided to go for it when I wrote the letter last year introducing myself and sending them some examples of my art that focuses on the rich mining history of Nevada.  The worst that could happen was that they could have ignored me.  But that wasn't the case.  I received an email from a freelance writer within two days requesting an interview for the magazine. 

This has been an exciting week with the publishing of the article that showcases my love of painting Nevada.  I haven't seen the article yet, but this magazine has a circulation of 70,000 readers. Notice I typed 4, yes 4 zeros after that 7.    To top that off,  this weekend I sold 3 prints on Fine Art America, 2 of which were of "Dreams in Shades of Gold".  Finally, last night I received an email request from a lady in Michigan wanting to purchase my original.  Way exciting for a brand new artist like me.  You can be sure that as soon as I get my copy of the magazine, I will be adding the article to my website for all to read.

"Dreams in Shades of Gold"- SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment