Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pinch Me!

If you are interested in viewing more of my work then please check out my gallery page on my website at : JulieTownsendStudio.com



Almost a year ago I was contacted by a writer of Gold Prospectors magazine following an email I sent to the editor regarding my love of sharing the rich history of this state through my paintings.  Often that would include the tough miners that came here in floods seeking their fortunes.  I had just finished a painting called "Dreams of Shades of Gold" and shared that image in my email.  Next thing I know I am being called for an interview.  Finally the published article is in my possession and I immediately had it framed.

I couldn't take a picture of myself holding the article just anywhere, so this morning we took a drive out towards beautiful Lake Mead.  Now there may not be gold in those hills behind me but they sure are a pretty color and lends nicely to the composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment