Friday, March 15, 2024

Hanging with "The Girls"

Here is another favorite painting that I did in 2020, during the long days of lock down. It is amazing just how creative that year was for me.  I remember just trying to block out all the crazy that was going on around me and keep my focus on creating.  

  This original piece was painted on a panel of old wood that Brad put together for me.  Painting on old boards adds an element of challenge to the painting process, but I think I pulled it off.

These girls are just so sweet and I love how the middle girl is crowding her way in to see what is going on.  Maybe there is a visitor at the fence or they are standing at the food trough.  No matter, she is determined to be in the center of the action.  

Here I am, holding the original painting before I have to package it up and ship it off to its new home.  I actually had that painting hanging in my entryway for sometime and felt a bit of sadness when these girls were no longer serving as my welcoming committee.  I just hope they are loved and appreciated in their new home. 

It has been some time since I've picked up a painting brush.  I've become obsessed with drawing digitally on my Ipad.  Whether the medium is acrylic paint, colored pencils or drawn digitally, I am still featuring cute cows in my art.  If you want to check out my online website shop you only have to hit this link to browse to your heart's content.

Julie Townsend Studio Shop Here





No comments:

Post a Comment