Tuesday, March 26, 2024

The GranddaughterTea Party was a Success


 

I'm thrilled to report to you that the 1st annual Granddaughter Tea Party was a big success.  We all had such a great time just enjoying the snacks and watching the children play.  I opened the invite up to include my grandsons and the grandchildren of my best friend.  I think that made 9 children total.  They ranged in ages from 9 years to 20 months.  It was just as I had hoped for noisy, chaotic and full of laughter.

 

 

 

 

 

Besides the greatly anticipated macarons, I had baked a batch of lemon scones that wound up looking a little wonky but were very tasty.  I added plenty of sprinkles to the scone batter and then also with the glaze for decoration.  What child doesn't love sprinkles?

 

 

 

I had assorted berries, cut carrots and celery, deviled eggs, pickles and Shirley Temples to drink.  It was all laid out buffet style on my long kitchen counter.  I wish I had taken more photos but I'm just loving the ones of my adorable granddaughters.  We waited until the party to actually taste the macarons for the first time.  For two weeks the girls would open the freezer and ask if they could taste a macaron but we hung in there and I can actually stay that this was my first time.  



 

 

What was my impressions you might ask?  Well, I have to say that they tasted okay.  While they are very pretty and look great next to my beautiful tea cup, I'm not really sure that I would spend the extra money and make a special trip to serve them at my next tea party.  I honestly enjoyed the homemade scones that I baked much better.  They were pretty and they were so easy to make.  Definitely think they will be a repeat item on the next party menu.  

Granddaughters are such a blessing and I'm thankful for these two the memories we made that day.


Our first bite of a macaron
She loves that Grandma is taking so many pictures of her

No comments:

Post a Comment