Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Winter on My Mind



The weather here in Las Vegas has been unseasonable cold with several days of temperatures never leaving the 30's.  For almost 20 years we have heated our home exclusively with a wood stove.  This works fine at night to take e chill out of the air, but with these temps the house has been like living in a meat locker all day.  The last few days have certainly been a challenge and my studio has been SO cold that I've been painting in my jacket and scarf.  Mittens wouldn't allow for good brush strokes so gloves weren't an option but for a moment I did consider it.  Seems fitting to have a winter scene in progress on my easel and so yesterday I started working on this 16x20 frozen composition in acrylics.  The weather today is supposed to begin warming up and so maybe spring will soon be in the studio air!





No comments:

Post a Comment