Friday, April 13, 2018

Feeling Pretty Accomplished Today


Marketing can be really hard work, time consuming and even intimidating when you are not sure how to accomplish the technical aspects of what you are wanting to do. 

Yesterday, I made the decision that I was going to create my first ever studio newsletter and send it out to my small email list that I have collected in the past year.  It was now or never because I have several events coming up that I wanted to promote.   I really had no idea how to start but with a few videos on YouTube and a couple of web articles about marketing using emails I felt empowered.  The only thing I think I need to figure out is how to have social media linked buttons to make it easier for readers to follow me on my art Facebook page and on Instagram.  Maybe by my next publication.

Photoshop is my go to program so I designed a simple 1 page newsletter informing my followers about 3 events that would be coming up that I would be involved in.  I also got to thank them for making 2018 a record in sales for me.  I calculated that I am up 131.5% from last year at this time.  I concluded my newsletter with a discount offer for my local collectors and friends if they come to the Galleria Fine Art Expo this weekend or my artist reception on May 3rd. 

I'm hoping to put out a newsletter every month so I can feature new my newest art creations there first before they are shown on social media.  That will probably be a real challenge for me because I just love sharing my art on Facebook and Instagram, but I will try to restrain myself.  If you are interested in being on my VIP Newsletter list, please message me on my "Talk to Me" tab above so I can add you.

My 1st Newsletter 
I love making these marketing ads for several of the local galleries that I belong to.  I decided that I needed to also make them for myself.  I mean if you don't promote yourself as an artist, who will?  Self-promotion is key to selling art and even if you are uncomfortable taking the lime light, you have to push yourself.  I promise you it gets easier.  Message me if you would like me to create you a special meme that you can use on your social media marketing sites.  I enjoy the creating process even if it is all on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment