Friday, July 20, 2018

Busy as a Bee

It started last Friday.  I spent a number of blessed hours in the studio listening to uplifting worship music and a paintbrush in my hand. I managed to paint several cowbells, a funny cow on a 12 x 12 canvas and 2 cute Holsteins on a small 6 x 6 canvas.

I’ve tried to keep up the momentum each day and while I haven’t produced as many pieces as day one, I have steadily added to my collection of new works.  Yesterday, I painted a number of small 4 x 4 inch canvases with cute little bees on them.  I just had to share them.  I love the sepia background that is so easy to create but gives it such a richness.

Chips Ahoy
Cheese Crackers Anyone?
The rest of the week has seen me finish a sweet bunny peaking out of a hole, three small mouse paintings and a brand new cowbell design that I just love.  Besides painting, I have also completed 3 watercolor/pen and ink sketches that features some adorable mice.  All in all I have been pleased with the amount of work I have turned out this week.  I find myself looking forward to studio time.
I See You


My mind is now busy considering what to paint next   I’m certain I will be blogging more about that in the future, but in the mean time...I’m heading back to the studio!

You can find more of my work on my Website or on my Etsy Shop










No comments:

Post a Comment