Friday, March 1, 2024

Flash from the Past Fridays - Hogs and Kisses

I'm really going to enjoy these Friday posts where I can poke around in my archives and dust off some much loved and almost forgotten pieces and show them to you.  

My journey has now exceeded a decade and I've started to amass quite a few past works.  Even though, I haven't picked up my painting brushes for the last few years, I have a number of paintings and color pencil illustrations that are dear to my heart.  Some of the pieces are still available and some, like this piece has been sold.  Selling an art piece is like having your adult children leave your home, they maybe all grown up but they will always be your babies.  That is what it is like to be an artist.  You put all your heart and soul into that creation process and then someone shows up that loves and appreciates your piece almost as much as you do.  You're happy that your art is appreciated but a tiny bit sad that you won't be able to see that original piece again.  If you are a busy artist like me, you would soon run out of room to store your art and you would run out of wall space quickly.  That is one positive about switching to digital art.  My Ipad doesn't take up much room. 

It seemed fitting to talk about this piece since today is National Pig Day.  I don't draw pigs as often as I do cows or goats, but they have a sweetness about them that just make them irresistible.  I LOVE drawing their wrinkled snouts.   We often underestimate them because of their love for the mud.  I understand they are very intelligent creatures and can make great pets.  

I would love to hear your own pig stories.  Do you have pigs or grew up with pigs?  I would love to see any favorite pig photos you have. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment